Elegant & Easy Éclair Torte
Serves 20 I was looking for a recipe to impress my book club, and my coworker gave me this. It was such a hit that I have made it for many get-togethers. Without fail, someone always asks me for the recipe!
1 one-pound box of graham crackers
2 small boxes of French vanilla instant pudding
1 12-oz. container of whipped topping
4 cups milk
3 squares unsweetened chocolate
3 TBSP butter or margarine, softened
2 TBSP Karo syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
2 to 3 TBSP milk
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
The day before the event:
1. Butter bottom and sides of 13” x 9” pan.
2. Cover bottom with layer of crackers.
3. Blend pudding and milk; beat one minute.
4. Blend in about 10 oz. of the whipped topping.
5. Pour half of the mixture over crackers.
6. Top with another layer of crackers, then pour the remaining pudding mixture
7. Top with layer of crackers, trying to keep them as smooth and unbroken as possible. Cover and let set overnight in the fridge.
The next day, cover with frosting:
1. In large saucepan, melt chocolate with butter or margarine
over low heat.
2. Add Karo syrup and blend until smooth. Remove from heat.
3. Add vanilla, milk and powdered sugar.
4. Beat until shiny.
5. Frost torte gently.
6. Serve chilled.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2009 www.VivaDivaCafe.com