April 13, 2011
This is a follow up to Mr. Andrews' previous book about David Ponder, a man whom was asked by an Archangel to take a special kind of trip. Now, at 74 years of age, he's being asked a favor... Book insert: Many years have passed since David Ponder discovered the Seven Decisions during a divine journey through time. Now 74 years old, Ponder has lost the one thing that mattered to him most—his wife, Ellen. Despite his personal and professional success, he now sits alone at the top of his 55-story high-rise contemplating the unthinkable, just as he did 28 years ago. However, just as things are looking their darkest, Ponder is informed through divine channels that he is needed now more than ever. This is mankind’s last chance. Millennia of avarice, pride, and hate have sent humanity hurtling toward inevitable disaster, and far from its original purpose. There is only one solution that can reset the compass and right the ship—and it is only two words. Ponder, along with a cast of famous historical figures, must work quickly to discover this solution. The fate of the world rests on their shoulders. When I saw that only this second book was available for review, I ordered the first one from my local library so I could brush up on the story before reading this one... boy am I glad I did, what an incredible journey David takes! You WILL be missing out if you pass it by! I hope you will find this book as touching as I did! The historical figures alone make these two books facinating! Their insight, even from the youngest of whom David visits, really speaks to you like you are right there with them. Shall I start having giveaways for these books? LET ME KNOW!! I will need many more of you participating in reading my reviews and leaving feedback so I know you're here, ok? : ) I received this book for free from BookSneeze.com in return for an honest review.
April 05, 2011
Chicken, rice and sweet-salty sauce create an entree that’s packed with Asian flavor. Your family will love this moist and tender meal. Gigi Miller - Stoughton, Wisconsin
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional (I use Jasmine Rice)
- (I always broil my chicken first with a touch of S&P for about 2-3 minutes) Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over
- chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking
- juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with chicken and rice if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.