Chicken, rice and sweet-salty sauce create an entree that’s packed with Asian flavor. Your family will love this moist and tender meal. Gigi Miller - Stoughton, Wisconsin
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional (I use Jasmine Rice)
- (I always broil my chicken first with a touch of S&P for about 2-3 minutes) Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over
- chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking
- juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with chicken and rice if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.