March 25, 2009

WHERE TO LOOK IN THE BIBLE

WHERE TO LOOK IN THE BIBLE

When you need rest and peace...............Matt 11:25-30

When you worry.....................................Matt 6:19-34

When you are lonely or fearful..................Psalm 23

When you need peace of mind.................John 14: 27, Phil 4: 6-8

When men fail you..................................Psalm 27

When you grow bitter and critical..............1 Corinthians 13

When you have sinned.............................Psalm 51, 1 John 1

When you are discouraged.......................Psalm 34

When God seems far away.......................Psalm 139

When the world seems bigger than God.....Psalm 90

When in sickness....................................Psalm 41

When you feel sorrowful...........................John 14, Psalm 46

When in danger.......................................Psalm 91

When you want courage...........................Joshua 1: 1-9

When you need assurance.......................Romans 8, 1 John 5

When you forget your blessings................Psalm 103

When looking for joy................................Colossions 3

When you leave home to travel.................Psalm 121

When you think of investments.................Mark 10:17-31

When you need guidlines for living.............Matt 5 thru 7, Romans 12

When you need rules of conduct...............Exodus 20:1-17

When you need to know God's will for your life..........Prov. 3: 1-6

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above, from the GOOD NEWS PUBLISHERS tract....."Where to look in the Bible"
1300 Crescent Street, Wheaton Illinois 60187
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God has a positive answer to all of your concerns:

YOU SAY
GOD SAYS
BIBLE VERSES
You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)
You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest
(Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you
(John 3:16 & John 3:34 )
You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5-6)
You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things
(Philippians 4:13)
You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)
You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )
You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs
(Philippians 4:19)
You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)
You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)
You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)
You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5)


BIBLE VERSES TO PONDER

(Mat 4:4 KJV)
But Jesus answered and said, It is written,
Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luke 11:28 KJV
But he said,
Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God,
and keep it.

Rom 10:17 KJV
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Eph 6:17-18 KJV
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God:Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Heb 4:12 KJV
For the word of God is quick, and powerful,
and sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,
and of the joints and marrow,
and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Heb 4:2-3 KJV
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them:
but the word preached did not profit them,
not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
{3} For we which have believed do enter into rest,
as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest:
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Prov 30:5 KJV
Every word of God is pure:
he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Isa 55:11 KJV
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:
it shall not return unto me void,
but it shall accomplish that which I please,
and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.


For further study, Check out these archives of past devotionals:
(Note: the devotionals may be under the headings of "discussions" "files" or "pages" )
http://groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive-part-2?msg=new&lnk=gcis&hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive/web?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive/web
http://groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-archives-part-3/
http://groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive-4
IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to ixtheus@execpc.com

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from ixtheus@execpc.com

No comments: