Grilled Red Snapper
Created by The MDM Team, Monday, October 29, 2007
A rich combination of flavors from fennel, coriander, Pernod and exotic mushrooms will make this scrumptious snapper a night to remember. Serve with risotto.
1 red snapper fillet
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp. crushed fennel seed
1 tsp. crushed coriander
1/4 cup shallots
1/4 cup butter
1 oz. Pernod liqueur
1 oz. chicken stock
6 bay scallops
1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms
6 grape tomatoes, halved
1. Grill snapper until done.
2. Season with salt and pepper, crushed fennel seed and crushed coriander.
3. Sauté shallots in butter; add Pernod.
4. Add chicken stock and reduce by half.
5. Add scallops, mushrooms and tomatoes; simmer 1 minute.
6. Ladle sauce on plate and top with fish.