August 24, 2009

God by His Very Nature is a Saviour

God by His Very Nature is a Saviour
BBD#1e

(2 Sam 22:2-4 KJV)
And he said, The LORD is my ROCK, and my FORTRESS, and my DELIVERER;
{3} The God of my ROCK; in him will I TRUST: he is my SHIELD and the HORN of my SALVATION,
my HIGH TOWER, and my REFUGE, my SAVIOUR; thou savest me from VIOLENCE.
{4} I will CALL on the LORD, who is WORTHY TO BE PRAISED: so shall I be SAVED from mine ENEMIES.

DEFINITIONS FROM 2 Sam 22:2-4ROCK-HEB= A LOFTY STRONGHOLD

(Deu 32:3-4 KJV)
Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
{4} He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment:
a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

(Psa 18:2-3 KJV)
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
my God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
{3} I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised:
so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

FORTRESS-HEB= A CASTLE, A DEFENSE, A STRONGHOLD, A NET FOR CAPTURE (OF OUR ENEMIES)
(Psa 71:3-4 KJV)
Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort:
thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
{4} Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked,
out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.

DELIVER(ER)-HEB=TO SLIP OUT, ESCAPE, BE DELIVERED, BE CARRIED AWAY AND BE SAFE

(Psa 70:5 KJV)
But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: t
hou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.

(Psa 71:1-3 KJV)
In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
{2} Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
{3} Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort:
thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.

ROCK- HEB= A CLIFF OR SHARP ROCK, A PRECIPICE, A ROCK OR BOULDER
(Deu 32:3-4 KJV)
Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
{4} He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment:
a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

(Exo 17:6 KJV)
Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb;
and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink.
And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.

TRUST- HEB= TO FLEE FOR REFUGE OR PROTECTION

(2 Sam 22:31-33 KJV)
As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
{32} For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?
{33} God is my strength and power: And he maketh my way perfect.

SHIELD- HEB= A SMALL SHIELD OR BUCKLER, LIKE THE SCALY HIDE OF A CROCIDILE

(Deu 33:29 KJV)
Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the LORD,
the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency!
and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee;
and thou shalt tread upon their high places.

HORN- HEB= A PROJECTING, AS AN ELEPHANT'S TUSK OR A TRUMPET; A RAY OF LIGHT, POWER

(1 Sam 2:10 KJV)
The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces;
out of heaven shall he thunder upon them:
the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth;
and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.

SALVATION-HEB=LIBERTY, DELIVERANCE, PROSPERITY
(Exo 14:13-14 KJV)
And Moses said unto the people,
Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will show to you to day: f
or the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
{14} The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

HIGH TOWER- HEB= LOFTY OR INACCESSIBLE PLACE
(Gen 11:4-5 KJV)
And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven;
and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
{5} And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

REFUGE-HEB= A FLEEING, A PLACE OF ESCAPE, A WAY TO FLEE
(Num 35:11-12 KJV)
Then ye shall appoint you cities to be cities of refuge for you;
that the slayer may flee thither, which killeth any person at unawares.
{12} And they shall be unto you cities for refuge from the avenger;
that the manslayer die not, until he stand before the congregation in judgment.

SAVIOUR-HEB= TO CAUSE TO BE FREE, TO AVENGE OR DELIVER, TO DEFEND
(Isa 43:11-13 KJV)
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
{12} I have declared, and have saved, and I have showed, when there was no strange god among you:
therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
{13} Yea, before the day was I am he;
and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

VIOLENCE- HEB=UNJUST DAMAGE, OPPRESSION, VIOLENCE.
(Gen 6:11-12 KJV)
The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
{12} And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt;
for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

CALL ON - HEB=CALL OUT BY NAME
(Gen 4:26 KJV)
And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos:
then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

WORTHY- TO BE PRAISED HEB= WORTHY TO BE PRAISED
(1 Chr 16:23-26 KJV)
Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; show forth from day to day his salvation.
{24} Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations.
{25} For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.
{26} For all the gods of the people are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

SAVED- HEB=MADE SAFE, DELIVERED, DEFENDED
(Deu 33:29 KJV)
Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee,
O people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency!
and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.

ENEMIES-HEB ADVERSARIES, THOSE THAT HATE ME
(Lev 26:16-17 KJV)
I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption,
and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart:
and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
{17} And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies:
they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

GOD REVEALS HIMSELF AS SAVIOUR

(Isa 19:19-20 KJV)
In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt,
and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
{20} And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt:
for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors,
and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.

(Isa 43:2-5 KJV)
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee:
when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
{3} For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:
I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
{4} Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee:
therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
{5} Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;

(Isa 43:10-13 KJV)
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen:
that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he:
before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
{11} I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
{12} I have declared, and have saved, and I have showed, when there was no strange god among you:
therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
{13} Yea, before the day was I am he;
and there is none that can deliver out of my hand:
I will work, and who shall let it {Heb=turn it back}?

(Isa 45:15-19 KJV)
Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
{16} They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them:
they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.
{17} But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation:
ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
{18} For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it;
he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited:
I am the LORD; and there is none else.
{19} I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth:
I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain:

(Isa 45:21-24 KJV)
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together:
who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD?
and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
{22} Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
{23} I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return,
That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
{24} Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength:
even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.


(Isa 63:8-9 KJV)
For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.
{9} In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them:
in his love and in his pity he redeemed them;
and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

For further study, Check out these archives of past devotionals:
(Note: the devotionals may be under the headings of "discussions" "files" or "pages" )
http://www.groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive-part-2?msg=new&lnk=gcis&hl=en
http://www.groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive/web?hl=en
http://www.groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive/web
http://www.groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-archives-part-3/
http://www.groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive-4
IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to ixtheus@execpc.com

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from ixtheus@execpc.com

No comments: