September 30, 2009

Wednesday - A Dose of Daily Inspiration


Fantasy or Faithby Berni Dymet
Luke 22:42 Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me; yet, not my will but yours be done.
Can I ask you something? When is faith, faith and when is it fantasy? I mean I read my Bible. There's story after story in there about God doing miraculous things. And yet, I've seen people believe God for things and then fall flat on their faces.
I was intrigued by what a real estate agent, John, said to me the other night. He said, "You know, I think that real faith isn't presumptive." And he captured for me in just that one short sentence something that I'd suspected all along.
There's the "name it and claim it" school of faith. Anything I want. Anything. And then, there's the kind of faith that humbly bows down to God in the midst of the mighty storms of life; the faith that perseveres. The faith that rejoices - believing that God knows what He's doing.
The faith that only wants what God wants - not my will but let your will be done. And my hunch is that that's exactly the sort of faith that gets whatever it wants.
For more from Berni Dymet, please visit the Christianity Works web site, or listen to the broadcast at OnePlace.com!Please sign up for the Christianity Works Newsletter here

No comments: