September 27, 2009

Sunday - Prayer of the Day

A Prayer for Our Economic Times

O Lord God, As I survey the stormy economic seas troubling our nation, Troubling me, my family, my friends, my community, I ask Lord that we may steady ourselves in these winds of change, By reaching out to you, being stronger servants. O Lord God, You banished Adam from the garden for disobedience. You told him to work with the scare resources of the earth. I ask Lord that we may learn to manage our resources more wisely, By reaching out to you, being wiser stewards. O Lord God, You told the rich young ruler to give everything up and follow, You understand the material walls we build to shut you out, I ask Lord that we may constantly seek to break down the barriers, By reaching out to you, being better disciples. O Lord God, You provide all that we need to live a life fulfilled, You never abandon us even when we are selfish and foolish, I ask Lord that we may see the wealth we have in you, By reaching out, being dependent only on you. O Lord God, You sustain your faithful people through good times and bad, You know when we fail and when we are faithful to your will, I ask Lord that we may show the Gospel in the midst of economic confusion, By reaching out to you, being beacons of your Word.

AMEN

No comments: