September 12, 2009

Saturday - A Dose of Daily Inspiration

Courage for the Journey


But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Matthew 14:27 NIV


A storm rose quickly on the Sea of Galilee, and the disciples were afraid. Although they had seen Jesus perform many miracles, the disciples feared for their lives, so they turned to their Savior, and He calmed the waters and the wind.


Sometimes, we, like the disciples, feel threatened by the inevitable storms of life. And when we are fearful, we, too, can turn to Christ for courage and for comfort.


The next time you're afraid, remember that the One who calmed the wind and the waves is also your personal Savior. And remember that the ultimate battle has already been won at Calvary. We, as believers, can live courageously in the promises of our Lord... and we should.


The fear of God is the death of every other fear. C. H. Spurgeon


Down through the centuries, in times of trouble and trial, God has brought courage to the hearts of those who love Him. The Bible is filled with assurances of God's help and comfort in every kind of trouble. Billy Graham


To fear and not be afraid, that is the paradox of faith. A. W. Tozer


What is courage? It is the ability to be strong in trust, in conviction, in obedience. To be courageous is to step out in faith--to trust and obey, no matter what. Kay Arthur


Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, sometimes I face disappointments and challenges that leave me worried and afraid. When I am fearful, let me seek Your strength. Keep me mindful, Lord, that You are my God. With You by my side, Lord, I have nothing to fear. Help me to be Your grateful and courageous servant this day and every day. Amen

No comments: