This is a simple broccoli soup that can be prepared quickly.
1 cup vegetable stock
3 cups chopped broccoli (about 1/2 large bunch)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp grated ginger root
1 cup soy milk or skim milk
1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1. In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
2. Add the chopped broccoli, garlic and ginger. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Steam for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Remove from the heat.
3. After the broccoli has cooled slightly, puree it in a food processor or blender. Return it to the sauce pan.
4. Add the soy milk or skim milk and soy sauce. Warm over low heat.
5. Serve sprinkled with chopped red onion.
3 g total fat (0 g sat)
0 mg cholesterol
13 g carbohydrate
9 g protein
6 g fiber
150 mg sodium
- Recipe reprinted with permission of DrWeil.com