January 04, 2011

It's amazing what an Apricot can do!

CHOCOLATE and APRICOTS and CRAVINGS and DR. OZ : )

So part of the Dr. Oz "rethink your diet" plan (my name for it) is to pick up items like dried apricots, slivered almonds and the like.

After eating two dried apricots, I no longer crave chocolate.

Now for those of you who actually know me, you're thinking, "NO WAY!?"

Yes way, I swear. The sweetness of them, combined with the tartness actually STOPS my craving for something chocolaty. Even thinking 'chocolate', and writing the word 'chocolate' does not make me want any, in the least, I swear!

So if you're ever in the NEED for chocolate (like right now, maybe), stop by the store and pick up a bag of Sun-Maid Mediterranean Apricots. (they did not ask me to endorse them, it just happens to be the ones I am eating! I would love some coupons, Sun-Maid! HINT HINT)

As soon as you get to the car, pop one in. Eat another a few moments later and "whammo". No more craving!!

Another thing I like to do is mix 1 TEASPOON of Golden Raisins with 1 TEASPOON of slivered almonds and 1 TEASPOON of walnuts broken up, and 1 TEASPOON chocolate chips. ("TEASPOON" = DO NOT USE MORE THAN A TEASPOON, DARN IT!)
This is a snack I like during the late afternoon or evening. It helps me from eating way too much at supper, or scrounging for a really bad-for-me dessert!

A huge glass of green tea or large mug of hot green tea (Melaleuca brand) before any meal also helps with filling up the tummy with GOOD stuff.

So, off to the store with ya. You're welcome ; )

No comments: