October 21, 2012

I've been very sick, so I was looking up soup recipes

Ran across this one and loved it :) I was told that dairy is bad for bronchial problems so I did not add sour cream or cheese on top as previously suggested on this recipe. I also added celery, not that I love it, but what is chicken soup without it? LOL Oh, also, no milk, I used low-sodium chicken broth.
Take lots of Vit C, at least 3-4 times a day, get plenty of non-caffeine liquids in you, take steam baths or showers and get plenty of rest!


If you were thinking that chicken soup as a cure or remedy for the common cold was merely a myth or perhaps only produces a psychological "nurturing" effect on the brain, think again. Chicken soup is a super medicinal crime fighter against some of the nastiest colds. Next time you or your loved ones are ill, try it. Here is my own chicken soup recipe. You can prepare it in a giant pot or a crock pot. I recommend using a crock pot because the added cooking time will only enhance the flavor of the soup, but either will work fine.
Miracle Chicken Soup
Ingredients
1 Whole Chicken
1 - 16 oz. bag of frozen peas and carrots
3 cups cooked rice
1 - 24 oz. can of Rotel tomatoes
1 cup of milk
Salt
Pepper
Basil flakes
Salt, pepper and sprinkle basil flakes on whole chicken. Place chicken in a pot of water and cook for one hour, flipping chicken after 30 minutes. Once cooked, remove chicken and cut into medium sized chunks. Save the chicken broth. Return the chicken to the broth. Turn the stove or crock pot onto low. Add two cups of water. Toss in peas and carrots, rice, rotel tomatoes and milk. Cook for thirty minutes on stove or four hours in crock pot. Enjoy!


No comments: