Best Pecan Bars
Created by The MDM Team, Friday, 22 February 2008
Pecans are in a league of their own. While you might enjoy a handful of nuts here and there, you won't want to miss what this decadent dessert has to offer. It's a pecan lover's wildest dream.
- 1 (18 oz.) pkg. yellow cake mix or butter recipe cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Reserve 2/3 cup of the dry cake mix for filling.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining dry cake mix, butter and 1 egg at low speed until well blended.
- Press in bottom of greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In large bowl, combine reserved 2/3-cup dry cake mix, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and 3 eggs at low speed until moistened.
- Beat 1 minute at medium speed or until well blended.
- Pour filling mixture over warm base; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake an additional 30-35 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool completely and cut into 36 bars. Store in refrigerator.
Ready in 1¼ hour