August 16, 2018

REVIEW of my first IPSY GLAM BAG!

IPSY BAG

August 2018

I received my first ipsy bag a couple of days ago! I am so excited to open it and share with you what is inside! I did not peek on the website because I wanted to be surprised!

INSIDE the August bag for me (they vary):

A Kale Mask




A Blackberry Mask




Volume Boost spray for your hair





"Foil" eyeshadow




Liquid Matte Lipstick/Gloss





Blush duo




I apologise for some of the photos being slightly dark or slightly fuzzy, some I had to zoom in on and that messes with pixelating. ALSO - I was told the photos were too big, so it was taking a while to load, so I have reset some to Medium and the smaller ones to Large... instead of Extra Large (I had them XL so it would be easier to view detail). Enjoy!

OK! So, I started late yesterday evening about an hour before bedtime with the Kale Mask.
This is made by Lab For You and it is called 'Juice Up' Sheet Mask. Yes, it is a mask made of a sheet, not a mud or liquid you rub onto your face. Very different!
The instructions are to clean your face and tone. I don't use toner.
So this is my before-washing face (but most of my makeup removed):


Hey! Hi there! Nice to see you! 😉


Washing my face...


After washing with my ultra-calming wash, I apply the mask sheet, I made sure the eye holes fit over my eyes, I used my fingers to hold it open, and then slide my fingers up across my forehead and on the nose to the sides of my face, and down under my chin...


It feels like it has a thin gel on it... nice and cooling...

If I move too much it starts to work its way 'loose'...
whoops! Smooth it back on!
It also drips down the neck, good thing I wore a tank top ;)




Drip
(I simply used a tissue to wipe it away, no big deal)



OK, 15 minutes and done! (You can wear it up to 20 minutes)
Time to remove it! I pulled it down from the top first
(it's not sticky, just wet):


I feel a nice, very slight tingle, nothing bad (I'm sensitive), 
and the directions say to gently & lightly smooth in the remainder - no rinsing.


Let it dry :)




I'm still happy with it today, 24 hrs later. My face is soft :)


OK, on to this morning's hair & makeup:

OUAI Volume Spray Boost for hair

I only used it on the top zone of my scalp, dried upward with with the hairdryer & brush, and laid it across the rest of my hair... you can see it actually does boost my hair volume! It lays across the hair on the sides very nicely! (photo is with partially wet hair)



Makeup time!

The eyeshadow is called "Foil" by 'the Balm'. I don't know if it is called "Locked Up" or if that is referring to the magnetic case. (by the way, if the cake of eyeshadow ever cracks or breaks, it will come out of the sides of this 'box'.)
Anyhoo, the color is great! Shiny, bright... I actually like it though it was never my style before (I'm almost 52!)
 I used two different setting for these photos, one with the overhead lamp on and one with different lighting so you could see the difference.








Also the blush duo is on my cheeks now...
pixi by petra in Peach Honey color:
I like the highlighting effect! I didn't think I would!
The color itself is very natural on my skin.






If I had on a better foundation, I bet this would look amazing!
I wear very light foundation during the day.




LIPS:

'HudaBeauty' in "Bombshell" color...
It has a unique (dare I say odd?) odor, goes on wet & thick, dries to a matte finish, and must be washed off with a makeup remover.


But I like it well enough :)



Not bad ... 😉

OK, that's it! I look forward to getting the September Glam Bag from ipsy!

WHERE TO FIND IPSY/GLAM BAG:
www.ipsy.com
www.facebook.com/ipsy

From their About section in Facebook:

Mission
We inspire people around the world to express their unique beauty.
MORE INFO
About
We inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty.

Watch our videos on YouTube and subscribe: http://youtube.com/ipsy

Subscribe to our monthly Glam Bag: www.ipsy.com/?sid=fp. Need help? http://help.ipsy.com
Company Overview
ipsy is the world's largest and most passionate online beauty community. We dreamt up ipsy back in 2011 with one singular goal - to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. That's how the Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you - plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com - you're free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty.

Once you're an ipster, you're part of something big - a community that's leaving the rules behind and making unique beauty a real thing. And we'll be with you all the way.

Subscribe to the Glam Bag: http://mygl.am/SubscribetoIpsy
ipsy on Instagram: www.instagram.com/ipsy
ipsy on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ipsy
ipsy on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ipsy
ipsy on YouTube: www.youtube.com/ipsy
Products
Glam Bag
ipsy Offers
ipsy Gen Beauty
ipsy Open Studios
ipsy.com




(I was not compensated in any way for this review)

No comments: