NUTTERBUTTER AND CHOCOLATE OVERLOAD CUPCAKES Added by Debbie wright [debbie110772] on May 29, 2011
Debbie from Sulphur, LA (pop. 41,298) says: My husband loves chocolate and peanut butter. I took the idea from my Death by Oreo Cupcakes and did something for him. Sometimes the simple ideas are the best.
INGREDIENTS PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 1 bx cake mix, devils food..mix as directed
- 1 pkg regular sized nutterbutter cookies
- 1 pkg mini nutterbutter cookies
- 1 can(s) chocolate frosting
- 1 c creamy peanut butter
- 8 Tbsp butter room temperature
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp heavy cream..you can use milk also..until
frosting is thinned a little
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350.Take 12 NutterButter cookies and cut them in half.Line cupcake tins with cupcake papers and drop a half a cookie in the bottom of each.
2. Mix cake mix according to directions on the box.
3. Chop approx 12 cookies coarsely and mix them in the cake mix.
4. Fill the cupcake tins and bake aprrox 15-18 min.
5. Prepare Frosting Cream togather peanut butter and butter. Add vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar. Add cream or milk to thin the frosting as desirsed.
6. Frost cupcake ..leave a well in the center the place a dab of chocolate frosting and place a mini NutterButter on top.